This HOWTO assumes basic linux knowledge as well as knowledge of your distro’s package management system.
- Install SBCL from your distro’s repo or download binary build from SBCL website
- Install Emacs – I recommend Emacs-22 or 23. Again, for fast install, I recommend going with your distro packages – if you need/want specially patched version, you probably don’t need my hand-holding
- Install clbuild
cd clbuild; ./clbuild checkand install any remaining dependencies.
- Depending on your distro SBCL packages, install local build of SBCL through
./clbuild compile-implementation sbcl. It will be used by clbuild after that and saved in
- Install SLIME:
./clbuild install slime
and configure it by adding result of
./clbuild slime-configurationto your emacs config. I recommend switching slime-autodoc to t
- Test it by running emacs and invoking
- Now go over to Cliki and maybe entertain yourself to Practical Common Lisp